- God is revealed in Jesus Christ, and is ever present in the Holy spirit
- There is yet more light and truth to break forth from God’s Holy Word
- Freedom of interpretation is the right of every individual
- Life is a gift and the church offers us a means to celebrate life and share the gift
- Each local church is governed by its own membership
- Every person is a child of God and deserves to be treated as a child of God.
- We are co-creators with God, called to be good stewards of the earth.
Never place a period where God has placed a comma, because God is still speaking.
We are an Open and Affirming Church and Commit to the Following:
We, the members of First Congregational United Church of Christ – Great Falls, declare ourselves to be an Open and Affirming community. We open our hearts to all “no matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey” for we are all beloved children of God, made in God’s image.
We welcome persons of all ages, ethnicity, educational background, marital status, socioeconomic status, mental or physical ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
We offer a safe place to worship and a spiritual home to all who cross our threshold. We affirm relationships based on love, dignity and respect and value the inclusion of all persons in the life and ministries of First Congregational United Church of Christ – Great Falls. Our church family nurtures love, support, forgiveness, renewal and trust with God at the center. Our community affirms and accepts individual uniqueness and recognizes God within each person.
Inspired by God’s love, modeled through Christ and led by the Holy Spirit, we are called to fully embrace and uphold this proclamation of welcome.